Services Certification Scheme
SGBC launched the first Green Services certification scheme in Singapore in October 2012.
SGBC's Green Services Certification is the first of its kind in Singapore and aims to enhance green building performance through the industry's delivery of services. The scheme recognises building consultants who are committed to supporting the green movement. It aims to promote best practices to support environmental sustainability among service firms in the industry. SGBC's Green Services Certification will commit building consultants and practitioners to develop their in-house capabilities and competencies; adopt green corporate practices; and deliver sustainable designs and services. As SGBC is a trusted brand, certified firms can expect greater recognition and new business opportunities.
Since 2 September 2015, under Green Mark for New Buildings (Non-Residential) 2015, Section 1.01c Environment Credentials of Project Team, 0.5 point are awarded to each SGBS-certified firm under the Green Companies Criteria. A maximum of 1.5 points are obtainable if three firms in the project team are SGBS-certified.
In addition, under Section 4.03d (iii) Energy Performance Contracting (Advanced Green Effort), 1 point will be awarded to the project if a SGBS-certified Energy Performance Contracting (EPC) firm has been engaged to implement suitable projects that guarantee operational system efficiency. The engaged EPC firm can provide one or more of the following services:
- Provision of energy efficient technology and services including financing, design, implementation and management of projects
- Supply, installation and commissioning of cooling and/or heat-recovery systems
- Supply, installation and commissioning of CHP or tri-gen power generation
- Supply, installation and commissioning of solar PV or thermal systems
- Solar leasing
- M&E contracting
With these new added recognitions by BCA and Green Mark 2015, SGBS-certified firms have strengthened their environmental credentials and have gained higher standing amongst peers and greater awareness in the building and construction industry.
The SGBS currently certifies the following building services, and more service types will be added for certification in due course:
The assessment criteria focus on the following areas:
- Staff competencies and development
- Green corporate practices in the entire business value chain
- Support for the Green community, such as participation in the activities of Green NGOs and promotion of Green Building knowledge
- Track record in the delivery of Green projects and promotion of Green Building design, including pushing the frontier for excellence and achievement of awards
SGBC's Green Services Certification will bring about a major shift in the green movement - making green value and spirit a way of life for the industry.
Click the button below to apply for a new Service Certification.
For the list of SGBC's Certified Green Services, please click here.